With almost 22 years experience in the treasurer's office, I'm well-prepared for the financial challenges of county government. I began my service to Washington County residents as deputy treasurer in 1997, received a promotion to chief deputy in 2008 and finally, was elected your treasurer in November 2014. As long as I'm treasurer, business in this office will be conducted with integrity, honesty, accuracy, and transparency. Washington County is a great place to live and I'm proud to be your Treasurer!!
Duties of the Treasurer
- Receipt revenue from local, state and federal sources
- Distribute property tax money to schools, cities, rural fire, and county departments
- Accurate accounting of all receipts and disbursements
- Invest county funds and secure funds held above FDIC limits
- Prepare and sign checks for employee payroll and creditors of the county
- Balance daily and reconcile monthly bank statements
- Project revenue for the annual budget process
- Present monthly report to the Quorum Court on the fiscal condition of the county
Being a good steward for the taxpayer
- Interest returns have increased 565% since 2014, while investing locally.
- My first three audits (2015-2017) are complete and free of any financial issues.
- Our 2015 - 2019 treasurer budgets continue to come in below 2014 levels.
- Teamed with our IT department and saved thousands by using in-house computer program.
- Plan to go paperless with employee direct deposits, saving thousands each year.
*June 2018 - Re-elected by treasurers around the state for a second term serving on the Treasurer's Continuing Ed Board.
Experience & Education
|2015 -||Washington County Treasurer|
|2008 - 2014||Chief Deputy Treasurer|
|1997 - 2008||Deputy Treasurer|
University of Central Arkansas,
|1985||Clinton High School|
- Age: 51
- Lifelong Arkansan, growing up in the Ozark foothills at Clinton.
- Washington County resident for nearly 25 years.
- Married to the lovely Pamela Hill for 28 years and have three children and one grandchild.
- Passions include deer hunting, bass and trout fishing and anything Razorback. Go Hogs!!