I ran for County Treasurer in 2014 simply because I thought I was the right person for the job. Since 1997, I’ve strived to help the Treasurer’s office be a shining example of accuracy, integrity and transparency. Twenty years working as deputy treasurer, chief deputy treasurer and now as Treasurer, prepare me well for county financial challenges that always loom on the horizon. I want you, the Washington County taxpayer, to be proud of this office and always know that you’re welcome to come by and visit.
Duties of the Treasurer
- Receipt revenue from local, state and federal sources
- Distribute property tax money to schools, cities, rural fire, and county departments
- Accurate accounting of all receipts and disbursements
- Invest county funds and secure funds held above FDIC limits
- Prepare and sign checks for employee payroll and creditors of the county
- Balance daily and reconcile monthly bank statements
- Project revenue for the annual budget process
- Present monthly report to the Quorum Court on the fiscal condition of the county
Being a good steward for the taxpayer
- Interest returns increased 14% and 39%, respectively, during my first two-year term. Returns are up an additional 26% for 2017.
- My first audit (2015) is complete and free of any financial issues.
- Cut 2015 and 2016 treasurer budgets by 6% and 4%, respectively.
- Our 2017 treasurer budgets came in below 2014 levels.
- Teamed with our IT department and saved thousands by using in-house computer program.
- Saved hundreds by discontinuing annual lease of antiquated check-signing machine.
- By 2018, I plan to go paperless with employee direct deposits, saving thousands each year.
Experience & Education
|2015 -||Washington County Treasurer|
|2008 - 2014||Chief Deputy Treasurer|
|1997 - 2008||Deputy Treasurer|
University of Central Arkansas,
|1985||Clinton High School|
- Age: 50
- Lifelong Arkansan, growing up in the Ozark foothills at Clinton.
- Washington County resident for 23 years.
- Married to the lovely Pamela Hill for 26 years and have three children and one grandchild.
- Passions include deer hunting, bass and trout fishing and anything Razorback. Go Hogs!!