With over 21 years experience in the treasurer's office, I'm well-prepared for the financial challenges that always loom on the horizon in county government. I began my service to Washington County residents as deputy treasurer in 1997, received a promotion to chief deputy in 2008 and finally, was elected your treasurer in November 2014. Integrity, accountability, transparency, accuracy: These four words say it all concerning how your treasurer's office will conduct business as long as I am the treasurer. Washington County is a great place to live and I welcome you to stop by whenever you're at the courthouse.
Duties of the Treasurer
- Receipt revenue from local, state and federal sources
- Distribute property tax money to schools, cities, rural fire, and county departments
- Accurate accounting of all receipts and disbursements
- Invest county funds and secure funds held above FDIC limits
- Prepare and sign checks for employee payroll and creditors of the county
- Balance daily and reconcile monthly bank statements
- Project revenue for the annual budget process
- Present monthly report to the Quorum Court on the fiscal condition of the county
Being a good steward for the taxpayer
- Interest returns have almost tripled since I became your treasurer.
- My first two audits (2015-2016) are complete and free of any financial issues.
- Our 2015 - 2018 treasurer budgets continue to come in below 2014 levels.
- Teamed with our IT department and saved thousands by using in-house computer program.
- Plan to go paperless with employee direct deposits, saving thousands each year.
*June 2017 - Elected by treasurers around the state to serve on the Treasurer's Continuing Ed Board.
Experience & Education
|2015 -||Washington County Treasurer|
|2008 - 2014||Chief Deputy Treasurer|
|1997 - 2008||Deputy Treasurer|
University of Central Arkansas,
|1985||Clinton High School|
- Age: 51
- Lifelong Arkansan, growing up in the Ozark foothills at Clinton.
- Washington County resident for 24 years.
- Married to the lovely Pamela Hill for 27 years and have three children and one grandchild.
- Passions include deer hunting, bass and trout fishing and anything Razorback. Go Hogs!!