With almost 23 years experience in the treasurer's office, I'm well-prepared for the financial challenges of county government. I began my service to Washington County residents as deputy treasurer in 1997, received a promotion to chief deputy in 2008 and finally, was elected your treasurer in November 2014. As long as I'm treasurer, business in this office will be conducted with integrity, honesty, accuracy, and transparency. Washington County is a great place to live and I'm proud to be your Treasurer!!
Duties of the Treasurer
- Receipt revenue from local, state and federal sources
- Distribute property tax money to schools, cities, rural fire, and county departments
- Accurate accounting of all receipts and disbursements
- Invest county funds and secure funds held above FDIC limits
- Prepare and sign checks for employee payroll and creditors of the county
- Balance daily and reconcile monthly bank statements
- Project revenue for the annual budget process
- Present monthly report to the Quorum Court on the fiscal condition of the county
Being a good steward for the taxpayer
- Interest returns have increased each year by investing in Washington County.
- My first four audits (2015-2018) are complete and free of any financial issues.
- I believe in conservative budgeting in the Treasurer's Office.
- Teamed with our IT department and saved thousands by using in-house computer program.
- Plan to go paperless with employee direct deposits, saving thousands each year.
- Completed 165 hours of county treasurers' continuing education.
*June 2018 - Re-elected by treasurers around the state for a second term serving on the Arkansas County Treasurers' Association's Continuing Ed Board.
Experience & Education
|2015 -||Washington County Treasurer|
|2008 - 2014||Chief Deputy Treasurer|
|1997 - 2008||Deputy Treasurer|
University of Central Arkansas,
|1985||Clinton High School|
- Age: 53
- Lifelong Arkansan, growing up in the Ozark foothills at Clinton.
- Washington County resident for 26 years.
- Married to the lovely Pamela Hill for 29 years. We have three children and two grandchildren.
- Passions include deer hunting, bass and trout fishing and anything Razorback. Go Hogs!!