- How do I send a detainee a letter?
- Can I mail packages or books to a detainee?
- Can I send envelopes, paper or stamps through the mail?
- How do I call the Detention Center?
- Can I call to talk to a detainee?
- I cannot accept collect calls, how can a detainee call me?
- Will you give a detainee a message or phone number for me?
- How can I block my phone from a detainee calling, and how can I have my number unblocked if it was needed?
- How can I visit a detainee?
- How soon can I see the detainee?
- How many people can visit at the same time?
- How do I get to the Sheriff's Office/Detention Center?
- I need some information on someone who was in jail but has been released, who do I need to contact?
- What can I bring to the detainee?
- When do you fingerprint for the public?
- How much does it cost to be fingerprinted?
- How late are you open?
- Does an immigration detainee have a bond?
- When will detainee be transported to prison or by Immigration?
- Where do I find a bondsman?
- What is a detainee’s bond amount, charges, or court date/time?
- Can I pick up a detainees property?
- If I turn myself in for a warrant or commitment how long will it take to be processed?
1) On-Line: Go to www.TouchPayDirect.net where all major credit cards are accepted. NOTE: You must have the DETAINEE I.D. This can be found on the Washington County Sheriff's Office web page above the detainee's booking photograph. The FACILITY LOCATOR number is 272701
2) In Our Lobby: There is a TouchPay kiosk in the lobby of the Washington County Detention Center where all major credit cards are accepted, as well as cash.
Q: What is the phone number for commissary?
A: 479-444-5873, Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm
c/o Washington County Detention Center
1155 W. Clydesdale Dr.
Fayetteville, AR 72701
A complete return address must be used, including First and Last Name:
101 My St.
MyTown, AR 11111
Q: Will you give a detainee a message or phone number for me?
A: No. We are a 700+ bed facility and unable to deliver messages for that volume of detainees. You may, however, schedule a visitation with the detainee or mail the detainee a letter.
Q: How can I block my phone from a detainee calling, and how can I have my number unblocked if it was needed?
A: You can have your phone number blocked from an individual detainee or from all detainees in the facility. To get this accomplished, you can either contact the on-duty Sergeant or contact Correct Solutions Group at 1-877-618-3516.
Q: How can I visit a detainee?
A: You can go online at www.co.washington.ar.us/sheriff/visitation.asp and schedule a visitation with a detainee. (If you do not have access to a computer, there is one available in our lobby.) Select the individuals name and it will show you the available days and times for visitation. Select a day/time and enter the requested information. Each detainee is allowed one twenty-minute visitation per week.
Q: How many people can visit at the same time?
A: A maximum of two adults and two children may visit each detainee during one visitation. When you schedule the visitation you must list all visitors and their information. All adults must have photo ID in order to visit.
Traveling North Bound on 540:
If you are traveling north bound on 540, make a right on Exit 60 (71 South, Cato Spring Springs Rd), turn right onto N. Cato Springs Road, Make a immediate right at south 71 South, turn left merging onto 4 lane, (John Paul Hammersmith Expressway), staying in left lane, travel to the stop light, turn left on S. School Avenue. Go approximately .3 miles on S. School Avenue then turn left on Clydesdale Drive. (Clydesdale Drive is between McBride Distributing and the Tyson’s Entrée Plant) Clydesdale will make a sharp curve to the right you will see the Washington Sheriff’s Office on your left.
Traveling South Bound on 540:
If you are traveling south bound on 540, make a right on Exit 61 (71 Business), travel to the stop light, turn left on S. School Avenue. Go approximately .3 miles on S. School Avenue then turn left on Clydesdale Drive. (Clydesdale Drive is between McBride Distributing and the Tyson’s Entrée Plant) Clydesdale will make a sharp curve to the right you will see the Washington Sheriff’s Office on your left.
Q: I need some information on someone who was in jail but has been released, who do I need to contact?
A: Detainee records are handled by the Records Department and you can contact them at 444-5785 between the hours of 08:00 am and 04:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Paper back books (up to 3, which become property of the Washington County Detention Center)
- Prescription glasses (that have been pre-approved by our medical staff)
- Medications (that have been pre-approved by our medical staff)
Q: When will a detainee be transported to prison or by Immigration?
A: For the safety of the transporting officers, we cannot give out any information about when a detainee is being transported to or from our facility.
Q: Where do I find a bondsman?
A: Check your local phone book or you can visit http://bailbondsman.arkansas.gov/pdf/phone_list/WASHINGTON.pdf
Q: What is a detainee’s bond amount, charges, or court date/time?
A: Our web site http://www.co.washington.ar.us/sheriff/summary/dalpharoster.asp will list the detainee’s charges, bond amounts and court dates. If you have further questions, please call the Detention Center at (479) 444-5830.
Q: Can I pick up a detainees property?
A: Yes, you need to come to the Detention Center with a photo ID. With the detainee’s authorization, we will release only his personal items. Clothing will not be released.