Select Washington County Facilities Are Closed To The Public.

Please Click Here For More Information.

File A Complaint

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Our offices, along with the City Prosecutor’s Offices in the county, prosecute criminal incidents that have happened to the public. As the Prosecutor’s Office is funded by the state, this is a free service we offer to the public.

The County Prosecutor’s Office handles felony charges that occur anywhere within Washington County and Misdemeanor charges that are outside the city limits of a city within Washington County.

The Citizen Complaint is a method by which a person can seek to press charges on someone who has committed a criminal wrong and fits within the jurisdictional limitations described above. However, keeping in mind that this service is free to the public, we request that a person wishing to file a citizen’s complaint first file a police report with the appropriate agency (if this is a criminal complaint), then call to make an appointment with the receptionist before coming to the office. This serves two purposes:

  1. It allows the person to choose the best time for their schedule to come in and talk with a law clerk,
  2. The question may be answered over the telephone saving the citizen the time and trouble of having to come in to the office.

The office hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and you may call at any time during these hours to schedule your appointment. Office Phone # (479) 444-1570.

Generally, when a citizen wishes to file a complaint against someone, they file what is known as a Citizen’s Complaint. The Citizen Complaint form is a piece of paper requesting certain information about the person making the complaint (the complainant) and the person against whom the complaint is being made (the suspect). The complainant will be asked to fill out the form when they arrive at the Prosecutor’s Office. But, as you might expect, this office handles quite a lot of citizen’s complaints so we ask that you do a few things to help us to prosecute your claim faster. Below is a list for the most common complaints that we receive.

Nonsupport (non-payment of child Support)

Please bring the following:

  • Divorce Decree or Order - declaring what is owed per month or week
  • Office of Child Support Enforcement case number (if you have one)
  • The name, address, phone number, date of birth, and social security number of the person from whom you are attempting to collect child support.
  • Updated Arrearage Report - *This may be obtained from the following agencies:
    Office of Child Support Enforcement at 770-5443 or Washington County Circuit Clerk at 444-1541

Any crime involving: Theft, Forgery, Battery, Harassment, or similar

Please bring the following:

  • The Police Report you have filed with the appropriate agency. If you have not filed a police report, please do this first as we are not able to investigate crimes through this office.
  • Any letters, papers, or other documents you feel might help support your claim.
  • You can download and print the complaint form here.

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact email address: