Please refrain from giving your son or daughter "bad news" while they are detained, as this contributes to a deterioration in functioning while in JDC.
If you have information that your son or daughter must know before they are released from JDC, please call the Social Work department at (479) 444-1670 ext 7.
Communication of Care
Upon intake of Youth into the facility, Parent/Guardians will be asked to complete an intake packet so that we will have the information needed to best care for your child. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to be thorough in completing this packet. For frequently asked questions and expectations regarding the legal process, please review the Washington County Juvenile Court pages.
All visitors must have a valid photo ID to enter the detention center. The only personal items allowed into the facility are identification and car keys - please leave all bags, purses, and phones in your car.
During the first 24 hours
Parents or guardians are allowed a 30 minute visit within 24 hours of your child's intake to our facility. You will be asked to complete an intake packet so we can have the information needed to provide the best care for your child.
Visitation is allowed by appointment only on Saturdays from 9:00am to 10:30am and 2:00pm to 3:30pm for pre-adjudicated residents (pre-sentencing).
After sentencing or FINS
Visitation is allowed by appointment only on Sundays from 9:00am to 10:30am and 2:00pm to 3:30pm for FINS or adjudicated residents (after-sentencing).
Important visitation information
- Visitation sessions are limited to 30 minutes
- Appointments must be made in advance by calling (479) 444-1670 x 6, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- Children under 18 may not visit the detention center
- Only parents or guardians are permitted to visit unless a Special Request form is completed by the resident and approved by the JDC director
- Clergy, mental health professionals, and other professionals may call (479) 444-1670 x 6 to schedule visitation during normal business hours
- Parents and guardians may request alternative visitation under special circumstances (work, travel, emergencies), as approved by the JDC director - (479) 444-1670 x 3
- Additional holiday visitation for New Year's, July 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas can be requested by calling (479) 444-1670 x 6.
Youth may call approved numbers during the scheduled phone times in the evenings. All youth are permitted to make one phone call daily.
- Phone calls are free for youth
- Numbers must be approved and programmed to call
- Typically only Parents or Guardians are called
- Youth may have phone calls with their attorney, clinical professionals, or other approved professionals providing services during regular business hours that do not count toward their daily phone call.
Non-denominational services & fellowship are offered every Sunday. If you would like your pastor to visit your child, please contact JDC staff at 479 444-1670 ext 6 to make arrangements.
Residents are offered an opportunity to write letters daily and may receive mail daily. All letters must have senders name and address on the envelope.
Please address letters to residents at:
885 W Clydesdale Dr
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Articles of clothing may not be brought for Residents. All necessary clothing and hygiene items are provided by the Detention Center.
Commissary privileges are not extended to detained Youth. All nutritional and snack necessities are provided by the Detention Center.
Bring your child's prescription medications to the detention center as soon as possible. Medications are accepted 24 hours a day.
- Be in the original prescription bottle
- Be prescribed to the resident
- Have the original label with directions for administration
- Have the prescribing physician's name and contact number for verification
- Not be "over the counter," unless prescribed by a doctor with proper documentation