The Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center is now operated by the Boston Mountain Solid Waste District. Please call (479) 846-3005 for more information.

What does Environmental Affairs do?

  • Promotes the proper disposal of solid waste
  • Provide assistance in local community cleanup events
  • Enforces storm water regulations
  • Provides environmental education to county residents of all ages

What can I recycle in Washington County?

Most drop off facilities in the county accept:

  • Aluminum & Steel Cans
  • Cardboard & Paperboard
  • Glass Bottles & Jars
  • #1 and #2 Plastic bottles
  • Paper - including newspaper, magazines, junk mail, mixed paper, and telephone books

View all recycling drop-off locations

What is “household hazardous waste,” and how do I dispose of it?

Households contain many products which can be hazardous to the health of humans, animals, and the environment. Unused and leftover portions of these products are called household hazardous waste (HHW). Residential quantities of most hazardous items are accepted free of charge at our location on Brink Drive in south Fayetteville.

Learn more about Household Hazardous Waste

Special Waste

Certain household items can be recycled at the Washington County Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Building in south Fayetteville:

  • Tires
  • Scrap Metal & Appliances
  • Electronics

Learn more about special waste recycling

Other Information