To register to vote, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be an Arkansas resident (residing in Arkansas at least 30days before the first election in which you will vote).
- Be 18 or turn 18 on or before the next election.
- Not be convicted of a felony without your sentence having been discharged or pardoned.
- Not be presently adjudged mentally incompetent as to your ability to vote by a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Must not claim the right to vote in any other county or state
Where can I apply?
- Complete and return the Arkansas Voter Registration application.
Arkansas Voter Registration application(Spanish)
IMPORTANT: If your voter registration application form is submitted by mail and you are registering for the first time, and you do not have a valid Arkansas driver’s license number or social security number, in order to avoid the additional identification requirements upon voting for the first time you must submit with the mailed registration form: (a) a current and valid photo identification; or (b) a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and address.
Apply in person at your local:
- County Clerk’s office (Washington County Clerk, 280 N College Ave, Ste 300 Fayetteville, AR 72701)
- State Revenue Office
- Public library
- Disability agency
- Military recruitment office
- Arkansas National Guard
- Voter registration drive
How do I know I'm registered?
- Consider yourself registered when - and only when - you receive an acknowledgment from your county clerk. This could take several weeks, regardless of your method of application.
- If you do not receive a notice within two weeks of applying, call our office at (479)444-1711 or go to voterview.ar-nova.org to check the status of your application.
- You must submit your application to an official voter registration agency or mail it no later than 30 days prior to an election in which you wish to vote. The postmark on a mailed application will be its submission date
- If you are changing your residence to another county within the state, your updated registration must be received in the county clerk’s office in the new county not later than four days before a scheduled election.