In Arkansas you must assess personal property between January 1st and May 31st each year to avoid a 10% penalty. Personal property includes all types of vehicles, boats, trailers, motorcycles, ATVs and livestock.
Assess Online or by Phone
If you are a current resident and have previously assessed your vehicles, we offer several opportunities to assess your property:
- We offer online assessments for individuals who have no changes to current assessed property or who are simply deleting property they no longer own. Click here to assess online.
- Individuals who have no changes to current assessed property or who are simply deleting property they no longer own may also assess by phone during regular business hours by calling: (479) 444-1520.
Assess in Person
If you are a new resident or assessing a vehicle not previously assessed in Washington County, you must visit one of the offices with a copy of the vehicle registration for each vehicle to be assessed. Also, individuals with special circumstances, i.e. property with permanent tags, will have additional requirements that need to be handled in person. You may assess in person at the following locations:
- Fayetteville: Washington County Courthouse, 280 N College Ste 250 - 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Fayetteville: Arkansas State Revenue Office, 3086 Martin Luther King Blvd - 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Springdale: Arkansas State Revenue Office, 3159 Springdale Ave - 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Lincoln: Arkansas State Revenue Office, 215 S Main Ave - 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Assess by Mail
You can request an assessment by mail. Just provide the necessary information for all vehicles being listed, including: Year, Make, Model, VIN, and Style (LX, GS, etc., 2 or 4 wheel drive, or other description). Mail requests to:
Personal Property Assessor
280 N College Ave Ste 250
Fayetteville, AR 72701