What does the Purchasing department do?
The Washington County Purchasing Department assists in obtaining needed goods and services utilized by all County Departments at the best available price. Purchasing files and maintains certain County records such as insurance, inventory, Contracts, and Court Orders
We facilitate the bid process for county departments and post bid information for the public viewing. We receive bid submissions from vendors and publicly open the sealed bids for complete transparency.
To maintain integrity in its relationship with the public and fellow County employees, all Purchasing policies require scrupulousness. We responsibly track purchases, disposals, and transfers of county inventory. Disposals may include surplus auctioning or recycling. Moreover, we do not to accept any gifts or gratuities that may contain value from any vendor or employee doing business with Washington County.
Current Bids, RFPs, and RFQs
If county offices are closed for any reason (i.e. inclement weather, fire, or other natural disasters), all bid openings will be postponed until the following operational work day. Bids will be opened at the same time stated in the solicitation.
If you would like to be notified of new bid requests, please email Purchasing with your contact information.
- Department:Sheriff, Purchasing
- Category:Bid, Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Qualification (RFQ)
- RFP Number:BID 2020-07
- Start Date:05/19/2020 4:00 PM
- Close Date:05/20/2020 9:30 AM
General Specifications: The Washington County Sheriff is seeking bids for 90 new firearms with 203 trade-ins.
Requirement: Bidders must comply with the following requirements to be considered for the evaluation and award process:
- Bidders must quote 100% of all items within each category; and
- Bidders must list brand names on the items bid.
BID posted on County website and legal notice published, April 20, 2020.
BID requests for interpretations to be submitted by 2:00PM on May 11, 2020.
BID due at 4:00 PM, Tuesday, May 19, 2020.
BID opened at 9:30 AM, Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
For Courthouse Bid Packet Drop-Off:
- Clearly Write "Bid 2020-07 Sheriff Firearms" on the outside of the sealed package
- Come to the Courthouse entry door and wait for Security
- Tell them that you have a bid to drop-off for Purchasing
- Leave the Bid with them
Bids may be submitted by:
- Printing a copy
- Following bid instructions
- Returning to Purchasing in a sealed envelope with the bid number and opening date indicated on the front of the envelope
No bids may be accepted by fax or email, and all submissions must be received by the Purchasing office by or before the date and time noted on the bid.