Poll Worker (2374919)
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$10.30 / Hr
- Posted Date:02/04/2019
Election poll worker
Poll worker will be able to perform the following duties:
Arrive at polling site on time and remain there for 13 or more hours
Be able to read and write the English language
Be able to deal with voters in a courteous, efficient and fair manner
Be able to follow specified procedures, as set by Arkansas election law and by
the polling place supervisor
Be able to get along with fellow pollworkers
Be willing to attend training when offered by the Election Commission
Poll workers must be residents of Washington County. Polling places are staffed
by poll workers who live In precincts served by that polling place, when possible.
When no poll workers are available who live in the polling area, poll workers from
elsewhere In the county may work at a polling place.
Poll workers must be registered voters and over age 18.
Poll workers only work on election days, which in some polling places, may be
once a year. Some polling places are open for election several times a year for
Job Description: Poll Worker
- Positions are posted and deleted daily.
- Applications are accepted on weekdays between 8:00am and 4:30pm for open positions only.
- Resumes may be submitted with applications, not in lieu of.
- Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The county does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.