9-1-1 Communications Specialist (2310818)
- Type:Dispatcher - Sheriff's Office
- Salary/Pay Rate:$14.71 / Hr.
- Posted Date:03/15/2019
The incumbent, under the guidance and direction of the Lead Dispatcher, receives an average of 9500, 911 emergency calls annually and maintains supportive contact with the caller until the appropriate emergency vehicle arrives at the scene when necessary and answers over 175,000 incoming calls received on the Sheriff’s Office switchboard. Dispatch officers to calls for service after having detailed and accurate information, ensuring the recording of events. This is a 24-hour operation emergency response communications center. The center is also the primary Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for Washington County 911 calls. Personnel handle life and death situations on a daily basis.
- Positions are posted and deleted daily.
- Applications are accepted on weekdays between 8:00am and 4:30pm for open positions only.
- Resumes may be submitted with applications, not in lieu of.
- Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The county does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.