Adult Detention Officer (2496447)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$14.11 / Hr
- Posted Date:08/19/2019 10:25 AM
The incumbent, under the guidance and direction of the Sergeant, serves the County by efficiently supervising and maintaining discipline of felony and misdemeanor detainees, and meeting the needs of the detainees in accordance with federal and state law. Work effectively with all divisions and departments within the Sheriff’s Office, Circuit Courts, District Courts, Public Defenders, Prosecuting Attorneys, other law enforcement agencies and the public. Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently while working with minimal supervision, demonstrates responsible behavior and attention to detail. Must meet minimum requirements under state law for certification to work in the jail (Jail Standards).
- Positions are posted and deleted daily.
- Applications are accepted on weekdays between 8:00am and 4:30pm for open positions only.
- Resumes may be submitted with applications, not in lieu of.
- Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The county does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.