PLEASE REFRAIN FROM GIVING YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER “BAD NEWS” WHILE THEY ARE DETAINED, AS THIS CONTRIBUTES TO A DETERIORATION IN FUNCTIONING WHILE IN JDC.
IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION THAT YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER MUST KNOW BEFORE THEY ARE RELEASED FROM JDC, PLEASE CALL THE SOCIAL WORK DEPARTMENT AT
479 444-1670 EXT 7.
• Communication of Care - Upon intake of Youth into the facility, Parent/Guardians will be asked to complete an intake packet so that we will have the information needed to best care for your child. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to be thorough in completing this packet. For frequently asked questions and expectations regarding the legal process, please review the Washington County Juvenile Court pages.
• Visitation - Parents/Guardians are permitted a 30 minute visit within 24 hours of the Youth's intake into the facility. Subsequent visitation is permitted on Saturdays for pre-adjudicated Residents and Sundays for FINS and for adjudicated Residents from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m and appointments must be made in advance by calling 479 444-1670 ext 6 Monday thru Friday 8:00am - 5:00 p.m. Visitation periods are 30 minutes in length and only Parents/Guardians are allowed to visit. All visitors must have a photo I.D. to enter the facility. Photo identification and car keys are the only personal effects permitted into the facility.
Residents may complete a Special Request form to request to have persons other than their Parent/Guardian visit them. The Special Request forms must be approved by the Director of the facility. Youth may choose to opt out of any visit offered to them. Please see the parent handbook for further information.
• Telephone Calls - Youth may call approved numbers during the scheduled phone times during the evenings. All Youth are permitted to make one phone call daily.
• Ministry - Non-denominational services & fellowship are offered every Sunday. If you would like your pastor to visit your child, please contact JDC staff at 479 444-1670 ext 6 to make arrangements.
• Mail - Residents are offered an opportunity to write letters daily and may receive mail daily. All letters must have senders name and address on the envelope.
Please address letters to Residents at
885 Clydesdale, Fayetteville AR 72701
• Clothing Items - Articles of clothing may not be brought for Residents. All necessary clothing and hygiene items are provided by the Detention Center.
• Commissary - Commissary privileges are not extended to detained Youth. All nutritional and snack necessities are provided by the Detention Center.
• Medication - Prescription medication for Youth who are detained NEEDS to be brought to the Juvenile Detention Center as soon as possible!
• Be in the original prescription bottle,
• Prescribed to the particular Resident,
• Have the original label with the directions for administration, and
• Have the prescribing Physician's name and contact number, for verification
• Accepted 24 hours a day
• "Over the counter medication" are not accepted unless prescribed by a medical doctor
• “Over the counter medication” that are prescribed by a doctor will need documentation
• All medications are administered, as approved by the facility Nurse