PARENTS / GUARDIANS
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM GIVING YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER “BAD NEWS” WHILE THEY ARE DETAINED, AS THIS CONTRIBUTES TO A DETERIORATION IN FUNCTIONING WHILE IN JDC.
IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION THAT YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER MUST KNOW BEFORE THEY ARE RELEASED FROM JDC, PLEASE CALL THE SOCIAL WORK DEPARTMENT AT
479 444-1670 EXT 230.
• Communication of Care
- Upon intake of Youth into the facility, Parent/Guardians will be asked to complete an intake packet so that we will have the information needed to best care for your child. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to be thorough in completing this packet. For frequently asked questions and expectations regarding the legal process, please review the Washington County Juvenile Court pages.
• Visitation - Parents/Guardians are permitted a 30 minute visit within 24 hours of the Youth's intake into the facility. Subsequent visitation is permitted on Saturdays for pre-adjudicated Residents and Sundays for FINS and for adjudicated Residents from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m and appointments must be made in advance by calling 479 444-1670 ext 228 Monday thru Friday 8:00am - 5:00 p.m. Visitation periods are 30 minutes in length and only Parents/Guardians are allowed to visit. All visitors must have a photo I.D. to enter the facility. Photo identification and car keys are the only personal effects permitted into the facility. The Residents may complete a Special Request form to request to have persons other than their Parent/Guardian visit them. The Special Request forms must be approved by the Director of the facility. Youth may choose to opt out of any visit offered to them. Please see the parent handbook for further information.
• Telephone Calls - Youth may call approved numbers during the scheduled phone times during the evenings. Pre-adjudicated youth are permitted to make one phone call daily and adjudicated youth are permitted to make one phone call weekly. Information on setting up accounts can be found by reviewing the GTL Phone Services / Servicios de Teléfono de GTL document. Please direct questions regarding phone block and billing to GTL customer service at 1-866-230-7761.
• Ministry - Non-denominational services & fellowship are offered every Sunday. If you would like your pastor to visit your child, please contact JDC staff at 479 444-1670 ext 228 to make arrangements.
• Mail - Residents are offered an opportunity to write letters twice a week and may receive mail daily. All letters must have senders name and address on the envelope. Please address letters to Residents at 885 Clydesdale, Fayetteville AR 72701.
• Clothing Items - Articles of clothing may not be brought in for Residents. All necessary clothing and hygiene items are provided by the Detention Center.
• Commissary - Commissary privileges are not extended to juvenile inmates. All nutritional and snack necessities are provided by the Detention Center.
• Medication - Prescription medication for incarcerated youth should be brought to the Juvenile Detention Center as soon as possible! Medication must be in the original prescription bottle, prescribed to the particular Resident, and have the original label with the directions for administration, and the prescribing Physician's name and contact number, for verification. Required medications will be accepted 24 hours a day. We do not accept "over the counter medication" unless prescribed by a medical doctor, as these are provided by the detention facility to youth, as needed and will require the Parent/Guardian signature in the intake packet. All medications are administered as approved by the facility Nurse.
• Tours - Facility tours are conducted for non-incarcerated youth and their parents each Thursday at 3:30 p.m. No appointment is needed.