The Office of Information Technology will provide the highest quality technology-based services, vital to Washington County, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the County’s mission as it applies to management, learning, and community service.
To meet this mission we will:
- Provide effective technology support for computer, multimedia, voice, video, and web based applications and services to all areas of the county.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the county through planning, programming, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the Counties enterprise networks to provide high-speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support instructional, administrative and research functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security, and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the county through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology
- Provide fast & reliable access to all information systems.